Corporate Social Responsibility
At Kingston Smith, we believe that it is important to make contributions to the communities around us. We recognise our responsibility as a business to contribute to society; not only through community work, but ensuring that the right steps are taken with regard to our people, our clients, our suppliers and our environment. An all encompassing CSR policy is not just an important element in ensuring our business is both reputable and respected; it ensures that our work continues to have value and provides a caring and empowering place to work. We understand that by providing support and guidance to local people and charities, we will have an unequivocal positive effect on the local environments, businesses and future generations.
We are committed to:
- Ongoing development of our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy;
- Encouraging our business partners to strive for similar performance;
- Acting in a socially responsible way;
- Continually improving our performance against our CSR aspirations;
- Meeting all relevant legislation;
- Encouraging our people to promote this policy throughout the firm;
- Monitoring our activities and performances alongside the top 50 chartered accountancy firms to ensure our best practice is exceeding that of our competitors.
This Policy is applicable to Kingston Smith LLP and all of its associated businesses (Kingston Smith). Further information about the five key strands of our CSR Policy can be found below.
CODE OF BUSINESS ETHICS
We follow the ethical guidelines of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW). ICAEW members are expected to demonstrate the highest standards of professional conduct and to take into consideration the public interest. We believe that ethical behaviour plays a vital role in ensuring public trust in financial reporting and business practices; and upholding the reputation of the accountancy profession.
The ICAEW Code of Ethics can be accessed through their website.