Doing Business in the USA
Expansion into the US often becomes a key feature of a UK company’s growth strategy when it reaches a certain stage. The US market offers countless opportunities – a new potential customer base, access to talent and sources of capital, and a chance to develop your offering. But a new country comes with a distinct set of challenges. It is important to understand the US business landscape from the outset to increase your chances of success.
Over lunch, our panel of international business experts will give practical insights into key aspects of doing business in the US. This discussion is relevant to businesses looking to set up in the US and those already there needing advice on how to optimise their existing structures. This session will give practical advice as well as consider topical issues, such as the potential impact of Brexit on trade with the US.
Our speakers will be:
- Mike Hayes, Tax Partner at Kingston Smith
- Yelena Epova, Tax Partner and Partner-in-Charge of International Services at Aprio
- Russ Froneberger, Economic Development and Marketing Consultant at Global Consulting
- Jacob Hickman, Director of Business Recruitment at Upstate South Carolina Alliance
Topics discussed will include:
- Differences between US and UK business structures
- US Federal, state and local taxes, tax credits and incentives
- Practical issues such as opening a US bank account and setting up a US payroll
- Cultural differences between the UK and US and how to build your network
- The business landscape in Upstate South Carolina and opportunities for UK companies
The panel will also be happy to answer your questions, regardless of how basic or complex. So come prepared!
Date: November 14, 2018
Time: 11.30am registration for a 12.00pm start. Ends at 2:00pm. Lunch will be served.
Tax Partner at Kingston Smith
Tax Partner and Partner-in-Charge of International Services at Aprio
Economic Development and Marketing Consultant at Global Consulting
Director of Business Recruitment at Upstate South Carolina Alliance
London & Partners
2 More London Riverside