General Data Protection Regulation Roadshow for Charities – Introducing GDPR – 7 November 2017
With the first major review of Data Protection in the UK for 20 years, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) brings significant change and therefore risk for all charity organisations that process the data of supporters, members and customers. The GDPR is set to empower the public to take back control of their data like never before, with wide ranging implications. These will include hefty financial penalties and a new interpretation of the required conditions for fundraising communications among others.
We have designed two workshops to help you make the most of GDPR and use the changes to improve how your charity organisation uses personal data. We will also discuss practical ways to use the changes to improve your fundraising and marketing communications for the better.
If you are new to these changes we will introduce the key GDPR principles and help you understand the compliance needed to meet the legal and moral obligations they create.
In this session we will cover:
- Writing the necessary policy framework to create your own in-house data protection arrangements
- How to decide on the ‘Conditions’ you will use for processing data
- Making sure your fundraising and marketing is GDPR-compliant
- Understanding the impact on future income of different fundraising techniques
- How to train your staff in GDPR awareness
Time: 12:30pm lunch and registration, 1.00pm start. Finish 3.00pm.
Cost: £100 +VAT (£50 +VAT for KS clients)
Book Your Place(s)