Planning for Later Life – West End
People can expect to live long beyond traditional ‘retirement age’, maybe never completely retiring at all. Not only do people need to be financially agile, they need to understand the care system, which is the topic of many a conversation today. Many are adopting a fresh approach to planning for later life, incorporating social, medical and financial aspects.
Join us for our free later life planning seminar. You’ll hear from our Kingston Smith legal, tax, financial planning and care experts on the integrated support that’s available to you.
We will also be joined by an external expert care consultant and qualified social worker who will set the scene with some practical examples and provide a unique insight in to these issues.
Our seminar will look at:
- what the state can provide and whether it is means tested or not
- the difference between social care and medical care
- what happens if you want your house to pass to your children but need to go into a home in the meantime
- the funding options available to you and your family
- whether there are implications for inheritance tax planning if you have already written your will
- whether you should appoint an attorney if your affairs are simple
Time: 4.00pm registration for a 4.30pm start. Ends 6.15pm followed by canapés and refreshments
Date: Thursday 10 May
Venue: Kingston Smith, Charlotte Building, 17 Gresse Street, London W1T 1QL
Date: May 10, 2018
Time: 4.00pm registration
Partner, Kingston Smith
Senior Private Client Solicitor, Kingston Smith
Chartered Financial Planner, Kingston Smith
Director, Integration in Care
17 Gresse Stree