Management Buy-Outs & Buy-Ins
While a management buy-out (MBO) and management buy-in (MBI) are excellent methods for managers to be able to own their own business, these are not simple transactions. Often the process can be complicated and extremely demanding. Managers are required to simultaneously run the business and undertake the MBO process. As a result, additional resources are essential to drive the deal through to a successful conclusion.
We have the appropriate experience and expertise to provide enterprising solutions to both the Management Buy-Out and Management Buy-In process.
We use a combination of sector knowledge and a commercial attitude to advise on:
- Providing preliminary advice on feasibility
- Advising on the preparation of a business plan and financial modelling
- Providing an independent valuation of the business
- Advising on the raising of finance from appropriate sources
- Carrying out due diligence work
- Conducting negotiations with the vendor
- Providing tax advice to optimise clients’ personal and corporate tax positions
- Project managing the work of other professionals through to completion
In the valuation process, using a combination of the existing management team’s knowledge of the business as well as our experience in these transactions, we work hard to arrive at a fair and affordable purchase price for all parties.
Our fundraising service removes a potentially time-consuming responsibility from you so that you can concentrate on your other commitments. We have a range of contacts and the research capability to identify and approach an array of potential funders, enabling us to obtain a suitable funding solution for each type of business.