The tax department at Kingston Smith specialises in cross-border tax planning and compliance driven predominantly by its international entrepreneurial corporate client base. Our technical corporate tax team has in depth experience of working on cross border transactions making use of a wide base of overseas tax practitioners working in all the key territories within the correspondent directory of Morison KSi.
As with all Kingston Smith tax service offerings, the service team will be led by a specialist tax partner who will have direct involvement in your transaction or assignment. To give an overview of the type of projects on which the department works, we set out below by way of illustration, examples of recent assignments
- Structuring and due diligence on acquisition or disposal assignments for UK companies with overseas operations to include overseas joint venture structures; under this head would be included tax efficient cross border financing;
- Post acquisition group restructures and rationalisation as well as cost sharing models;
- Intellectual property tax planning exercises involving royalty as well s cost sharing models,
- Managing overseas advisers in terms of overseas compliance, tax audits involving but not limits to transfer pricing, thing capitalisation enquiries;
- International issues for UK companies such as Controlled Foreign Companies compliance, thin capitalisation and transfer pricing issues arising from HMRC;
- As part and parcel of a group tax management role to troubleshoot internationally to ensure that there are no nasty surprises in relation to the worldwide group tax charge which will impact on the earning per share.