In September 2015 we were granted a licence to provide legal services by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, making us the first medium-sized accounting firm to receive such a licence.
Our legal team works alongside the firm’s other practice areas to deliver an all-encompassing and comprehensive approach for clients.
We focus on providing legal services in these key areas:
- General Corporate, Commercial and Tax Law
- Private Client, Trust and Estates
Corporate and Commercial
Our lawyers work with our SME clients to support their corporate and commercial legal requirements. We advise on:-
- Company law and general business law advice;
- Group reorganisations, including capital reductions, share buybacks, share exchanges and reconstructions;
- Joint ventures;
- Investment and shareholders’ agreements;
- Share option plans and employee incentives;
- Loan and finance agreements;
- Mergers and acquisitions of companies and businesses;
- Limited Liability Partnerships;
- Commercial agreements.
We work closely with the firm’s wider tax practice to provide legal advice on:
- Tax warranties and indemnities on mergers and acquisitions;
- Tax disputes.
Private Client, Trust and Estates
Our Private Client lawyers work closely with the firm’s tax advisers, financial advisers and accountants to advise clients on the legal aspects of these matters:
- Estate planning and inheritance tax advice;
- Lasting powers of attorney;
- Trusts – creation and administration;
- Administration of estates and probate;
- Cross border estates and tax planning.